How To Check If Your PAN card is Active or Not
You must have recently read in the news that the more than 11 lakh (1.1 million) PAN cards were cancelled because of evidence that people were holding multiple PAN numbers. It is illegal for any person to hold multiple PAN numbers and anyone doing the same can be fined Rs 10000 under section 272B of the Income Tax Act 1961.
Are you worried if your PAN is still active or not? Dont worry, just follow the below mentioned steps to find out if your PAN number is active or not.
1. Go to the Income tax website link at at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/KnowYourPanLinkGS.html
2. Enter Surname, Middle Name and First Name
3. Select the status of the PAN card holder (e.g Individual, HUF, Association, Company, Government etc)
4. Select Gender of the PAN card holder
5. Enter Date of Birth or Date of Incorporation of Business
6. Enter Mobile number
7. You will get an OTP PIN number at the mobile phone number provided (if correct).
8. You will get know if your PAN is active or not.