United Spirits hits 100 million
A commendable performance by Force India & Bangalore Royal Challengers and now this milestone of United Spirits clocking a sales volume of 100 million cases for the year. Vijay Mallya and his companies are on a roll. The only bleeding part being the airlines business.
United Spirits’ brands include
Whyte & Mackay
United Spirits Limited (USL), the flagship company of The UB Group, today announced that it has crossed the milestone of clocking a sales volume of 100 million cases for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. This achievement makes United Spirits the world’s second-largest spirits company by volumes, dislodging Paris-headquartered Pernod Ricard.
- The retail sales value of the spirits portfolio sales of United Spirits for the 100 million cases sold is Rs. 30,000 Crores
- USL’s 100 million cases contributed Government revenue of Rs. 18,000 Crores through excise and other levies
- USL has dominant market share and the fastest growing brands in most key segments
- USL has outperformed global competitors with USL brands growing 14% while the world’s top 100 spirits brands collectively grew only 1% and this when 18 of the top 25 global premium brands lost ground
- In the last 25 years, USL has sold a total of 740 million cases
- United Spirits launched Black Dog 18 YO in the super premium Bottled — In-India (BII) scotch category to further ramp up its market share
- The company upped the ante in the premium IMFL segment with the introduction of 100% pure grain-based McDowell’s Platinum whisky.
Full article here